Wednesday, January 1, 2014

5, 4, 3, 2, 1....HAPPY NEW YEAR!

We awoke to a beautiful snowfall this morning, and it seemed that the neighborhoods dusty, dry streets were made clean and white in accordance with the holiday. A fresh start, a clean slate; new resolutions and bucket list to start the year. There is something refreshing and energizing about January 1st.

 Chalk board design inspirations from LilyandVal

I hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years Eve. Unfortunately, my afternoon and evening was spent fighting off a nasty stomach bug. (Why is it kids always seem to have a limitless supply of dirty diapers when you're sick to your stomach?) Needless to say, I was in bed by 8pm. 

We did, however, do an apple cider (which Blake calls "apple spider) toast with the boys. They both loved walking around with their little plastic glasses and "cheering" one another!
 

I have to say my least favorite part of this time of year is taking down the Christmas decorations. I could happily leave them up all winter long if it wasn't for my husband constantly asking when I will be taking them down and the strange looks I might get from our neighbors. One of my favorite childhood memories was laying under (and I mean UNDER) the Christmas tree, staring up at the lights and the way they sparkled and dazzled off the glass bulbs. Not to mention my collection of Christmas decor has reached a mass so large that it typically takes me two full days to put it up and at least one to pack it all away.
It's never as fun to take it down as putting it up...boo.


I do enjoy a good list, which is why I think I get so excited about New Years Resolutions! I can't say I've had the best success keeping them in the past, so I've learned to stick to more "general" resolutions and straying from the more "specific" ones.
Could it be called cheating? Possibly. Maybe...okay, yes.
While my #1 New Years resolution will be remembering to write 2014 instead of 2013, I thought I'd share my list to help get started on the right track in the new year:

2014 Resolutions

 

1. Do a good deed, everyday

2. Pray more, worry less

3. Collect memories, not things

4. Treat my body like a temple

5. Listen to more music

6. Visit a new place



 Happy 2014 everyone, from our family to yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment