Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Mermaid Tiara DIY

My niece will be celebrating her 7th birthday this weekend, and of course having two boys I always see my nieces birthdays as an opportunity to obsess over girly-ness! I decided to go with a beach/mermaid theme since that is her current bedroom design. While searching for mermaid decor on Etsy, I came across some beautiful mermaid tiaras made from seashells and rhinestones and so decided that it would be easy enough to make one myself. It was fairly easy and I'm happy with the results:

You will need:


Headband
Ribbon
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Sea shells
Glitter paint
Pearls
Rhinestones


To begin, paint the seashells in the glitter paint (I used blue and pink) Then wrap the headband with the ribbon and glue in place. Now you can start gluing on the shells! I started with a large starfish in the middle and just worked my way out from there.



I tried to keep it sort of symmetrical by coordinating the shells on either side. 

It was really a fun project and what seven year old girl wouldn't love an authentic looking mermaid tiara? I know this twenty-eight year old girl would!!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment